Tristan Ohio

Take care of Americans before anyone else

I took the time to wright about how immigration is causing problems for the U.S.A.

The problem of immigration is a problem that is increasing in ways that can have a permanent effect on our country. I am talking about the illegals in our county that cross our borders without gaining a passport or citizenship. The amount of drugs being smuggled into the U.S.A is taking the lives of many addicts. Our jobs are not being taken by the illegals, but being given to them by corporate owners who are looking for workers that they can pay at dirt cheap prices. Please do not blame the illegals for loss of jobs, but the people who give them the jobs.

Out of the 41 million immigrants in our country about a quarter of them are are illegal coming in at 11.3 million illegals. A lot of the illegal immigrants are people seeking a new and better life. On the other hand some of these illegals are dangerous and some might even be terrorists. An example is on January 22, 2015 Apolinar Altamirano shot and killed Grant Ronnebeck over a pack of cigarettes. I am not on the side that wants to kick all of them out, but we need to deport the dangerous illegals, and help the ones that are here for a better life by getting them on a road to gaining citizenship.

Another topic of immigration is the crisis with Syrian refugees. It is a nice thought to take in the millions of Syrians fleeing the middle east, but we don't have the money or resources to do so at the moment. We are a country that is 20 trillion dollars in debt and we need to focus on the people in our country before accepting hundreds of thousands of refugees into our country. Another thing is the terrorism problem. While not all Syrian refugees are terrorists we never know who is here to do harm and who is not. In a case 70 refugees were arrested by the law enforcement for suspected ISIS involvement.

Some people want to kick them all out and some want an open border. Both of these plans are disastrous for a couple of reasons. If we have an open border anybody can come in at any time. This means terrorists pretending to be refugees can come right in without anyone noticing. The drug problem will sky rocket with people just bringing them over, plus our economy is in no shape for new people flooding into our country. On the other hand kicking everyone out would mean deporting the hard working families that are here for a better life. We must find a middle ground to this issue.

I hope that this letter will help our country even though it is probably one out of a million. These problems matter to me because I do not want to see our country brought to its knees by terrorists. Even though our country is not doing so well right now i hope that you will make it better. Even though this might not be the best plan it is the one America needs right now. Please make our country great again future President.

Sincerely, Tristan W.

Brookville Schools

Brookville 8th Grade Students

8th grade students at Brookville Intermediate School have been studying issues that are important to them. They are posting their letters to the next president in order to have a voice in the upcoming election.