Olivia C. Ohio

Abortion or Murder?

57 million people, humans, future leaders able to change the world, dead. Since 1973, millions of babies have been killed through abortion. Many people say that they are "Pro Choice", meaning that they believe the mother has the right to choice whether or not she should abort the baby. However, who are humans to decide whose life is more valuable? Has that child done anything to deserve their death?

Dear Next President:

It’s hard to imagine that in this day and age, such an advanced society is still even debating whether or not it's okay to end a life. We're supposed to be so intelligent, and smart yet we are still debating about whether abortion it right. In the year 1973, the murder of innocent infants was legalized. This does not only object to the moral rights of billions, but stopping abortion could also lead to curing of financial problems in America.

Labor shortage has been a problem in the USA for over 15 years. Small jobs, such as, garbage truck drivers, have been more and more of a struggle to fill. People in America don’t want to stop illegal immigration, because we have no US citizens to fill these positions. Ever wonder why there are so view Americans able to fill these jobs? The answer is simple, it’s because since Roe v. Wade in 1973, 57 million babies have been killed through abortion. That is 57 million fetus, future adults able to fill various fields, able to further advance our society, but we are killing them before they even have the chance to change America and the world.

Abortion also defies the moral beliefs of billions across the globe. Who are humans to decide whose life is more valuable, the child or the mother? That is the equivalent of making themselves God, which in Christianity is a sin. In addition, according to the bible the Lord sees a fetus(unborn baby) just as human as any. Scripture states, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” This says that in God's eyes every baby fully formed or not is human and he has a plan for each and every one of them. Not only in God’s eyes, numerous studies have been done to support that a fetus is a living human. We as humans are interfering with the beliefs of Christians all over, and interfering with God’s plan.

Finally, in a nation as compassionate at the US, how is it that the most vulnerable have no voice? Who is the voice to represent the unborn, when they can’t even speak for themselves, when they don’t even receive a chance to be their own voice? Therefore, adult humans or matured humans have to be the ones who stand up for the infants, because they themselves have no voice, literally and figuratively. There is no pole for this, but if you could pole the amount of babies that would choose to live or die, a almost guaranteed 100% of the babies would say they want to live.

The definition of killing is an act of causing death, especially deliberately. The definition of murder is the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another. So how is abortion considered legal if these definitions define abortions? Abortion is the biggest problem in America involving health. America needs to act quickly because every 24 seconds another potential leader, is killed. As of 43 years ago America has never been the same, with 57 million less people in our nation.

Olivia  

Hudson Middle School

HMS 8 Respect

The gathering place of fine young minds in Hudson Middle School!