Karli Michigan

Animal Testing

This letter is about all the cruel things that animal testing does.

I am a sixth grader in Michigan. Animal testing began with early greek scientists. Animals lives lives are being taken because of animal testing. Animals are taken and used for testing products that might not even work. The animals such as bunnies and pigs, and primates are forced to deal with pain that could last for days or weeks. I believe that animal testing is useless and inhumane and should be put to a stop.

Animal testing is inhumane and should be put to a stop. According to peta.org just because animals are tested on doesn’t mean that it will even work. crueltyfreekitty.com states that companies such as ChapStick, EOS, Suave, Colgate, Crest, Clorox, OxiClean, Downy, Dial, and Dove use animal testing for their products. Even though the company did test on animals who knows if it will work or not. peta.org says that The Environmental Protection Agency, The Food and Drug Agency, The National Toxoliogy Program, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture pay for animal testing.

People say animals are just animals, but that is not true. According to the Humane Society International mice, fish, rats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, farm animals, birds, cats, dogs, mini pigs, and primates are used animal testing Peta.org says examples of animal testing is forcing rats and mice to inhale toxic fumes, putting chemicals in rabbits eyes, and feeding dogs pesticides.

I believe that animal testing is useless and inhumane and should be put to a stop. Animals don’t have a voice but we do. Here are some ways that we can help stop animal testing. Peta.org says that one way you can help is to buy cruelty free products. Crueltyfreeinternational.org says that using human volunteers instead would help stop animal testing. animalresearch.thehusty.cry says a good idea would be to use human cells to make models to test. Finally, neaves.org says computerized models wouldbe another way to resolve animal testing.

Karli