Maxwell H. Michigan

Should Abortion be Allowed?

Today, there is a growing debate over abortion, and I believe we should end the debate and make abortion legal.

Today, there is a growing argument over abortion, and it was a big issue in the 2016 election. As a result, there are two sides; people who are pro-choice, and think we should have abortion, and people who are pro life, and think all babies should be born, no matter what. This is a big issue and will grow into something worse if something isn’t done soon. I believe we should have abortion.

First of all, our Supreme Court, the highest court in our country, ruled abortion a “fundamental right.” Women should be able to choose if they want to have their child removed or not. Second, an abortion can save a girl’s life. If a baby has bigger body parts than normal, it could kill the mother while the baby is being born. A woman has an 8.8 in 100,000 chance of dying while giving birth, versus a 0.6% chance of dying of having an abortion. This means a girl has less of a chance of dying if she has an abortion.

Next, according to procon.org, women who are denied abortions are more likely to live a worse lifestyle than people who are allowed abortions. Women denied abortions are more likely to suffer mental health problems, be below the poverty line, and become a victim of domestic violence(violence within the house). People can say getting an abortion is bad, but being denied one is much worse, as you can clearly see.

Lastly, something you or someone else could do is encourage a bill legalizing abortion, or you could make an amendment to the Constitution making abortion a “fundamental right,” as the Supreme Court said 43 years ago. Something that would make that happen would be making abortion easier to legally get, which would stop the problem of unsafe abortions killing about 68,000 people per year.

So, next president, don’t you think it is time to stop the debate over abortion and make it legal? If you do, this will stop the protest and make the U.S a bit smoother.

Maxwell