AntoineG California

dog fights is animal abuse

dog fights are brutal and around 20,000 dogs are killed in them so they need to stop

Antoine Garcia

Dear Mr/Ms president,

I know that you have a lot of laws that need to be put in place and this is just one more of those. The problem/issue that i will be discussing about is dog fights. I am against dog fighting because it is considered cruelty and animal abuse, around 20,000 dog die a year due to dog fighting. I would like that number to decrease. In 2015, 82% of dogs used in dog fights were pit bull because of their sharp teeth and muscular body.Adding to that dog fights first became popular and has been around since 1835 and still happens today till today that is 181 years and multiply that by 20,000, around 3,620,000 is around the number of dogs that have died since 1835 till now.

On the early 20 century is when dog fights became illegal and i think that was a bit late. Also 34 people have died a year which makes that more deaths than shark attacks through 3 years.Some dogs that are used in dog fights could be identified by heavy chains and breaking sticks. A way to fix this is by stricter the law i think is is not so strict because it keeps happening as much as if there was no law. Some fights last from 1-2 hrs or longer till one dog dies or could no longer fight. After all a dog is a man's best friend, and they should be respected.

Lakeview MIddle School

Woods Period 1

This is Ms. Woods's first period class.