Rhea K. Texas

Decreasing College Costs

College costs are rising every single year, making it unaffordable for many people.

There are many people that want to go to college, but they don’t because they can not afford it. This could lower their chances of getting a good job with a good pay. This could effect a big number of U.S, citizens. It’s awful to consider that most people who don’t go to college, don’t go because it costs too much. College education should be accessible to everybody, and it most definitely shouldn’t be inaccessible to high school graduates or others because it costs too much. We must reduce the cost of attending college for the betterment of our country.

First and foremost, college rates have been increasing steadily with no stop! On www.motherjones.com , it shows just how much college rates have been increasing since 1980. On average the cost of tuition was $32,405 at private colleges, $9,410 for people who attending public colleges in their state, and $23,893 for the people who were attending colleges that were not in their state according to www.collegedata.com. But this is only the tuition cost. There are many other expenses that have to paid such as textbooks, dorm costs, and so much more. How do colleges expect students and their to pay for college tuition and every other cost? All of these costs added up together are not affordable for most people. If we decrease the cost of college, many high-school graduates will attend, which could improve our economy.

According to www.chicagotribune.com , if you do not have a college degree, you are not as likely to get hired for a good job. This could bring our economy down. The GDP for the third quarter of 2016 is 2.9 percent, based on the information found on www.bea.gov. If more people go to college, the more people will get hired for good jobs with a good pay. Which will eventually improve our economy!

To try to pay for college, applicants can try get a student loan or you can receive financial aid. But, financial aid is rejected more often than you think. In fact, financial aid applications are being rejected more than often now, according to www.insidehighered.com. Also getting a student loan can leave you in extensive debt for many years without a way out. We should make getting financial aid a lot easier than it is currently.

College Education is a must. No matter what the circumstance, it should never be denied to anybody because of the cost. I believe that solving this issue should be addressed very soon after your inauguration. Thank you!

-Sincerely,

Rhea K.

Cedar Valley M.S. - Roberts' ELA

Roberts ELA

This is where Mrs. Roberts' students will write persuasive letters to the next president, using persuasive strategies.