Mariah C. Montana

Preserve our Planet

Our planet is a gift to us. We as a community should be protective of it.

11/2/16

Considering the fact that that our planet is the only one to have known to harbor life you would think as a community we would be more careful about how we take care of our planet. We were put on this earth to protect, preserve and live in balance with nature. We are one of the most polluted countries in the world yet we are suffering the least there's so much potential our planet has why are we not striving our best to preserve what we have been handed.

In 2012 a man from Oregon was jailed for 30 days for harvesting rainwater. Something such as recycling our rain water so the government can make more profit on our spending of water is completely and utterly ridiculous. Rain water is public property just as the air we breath. As far as coming to a solution to this issue we could completely get rid of the mineral law or create a that says something like “The public is available to any mineral laws as long as they themselves own the land therefore making any rain that were to fall onto their property theirs. Mother nature gives to everyone not just a specific group of people who have the most power.

Another way we could help our planet is by slowing down on fracking. Fracking is the process of injecting a liquid at high pressure to force open existing fissures and extract oil or gas. The reason I say slow down fracking is because granite how bad it is for the planet it does have its pros and cons according to Occupytheory.com fracking makes our air cleaner, gives us more access to gas, and decreases our dependency on foreign oil. Some cons of fracking are water droughts, an increase in pollution, and it also spreads toxins.

Dear mr/ms next president please spread word to take better care of our planet and help others understand that we need to treat it as our own born. Help others understand the importance of our resources our beautiful home gives us.

Mariah C, 17 

Billings Public Library

TA - Billings, MT

TA - Billings, MT