Krysten Michigan

Animal Testing

This letter explains the issues of animal testing around the world. Many animals are being tortured for tests that are not even working. They are starved, burned, poked with needles, and even abused. I believe that animal testing should be stopped.

Would you like to be held against your will and experience extreme pain? Animal testing is a serious issue that should be prohibited. These poor animals do not deserve the harm that is being inflicted upon them. These animals are being tested on new products that will be used for humans. Humans and these primates are not the same so the reaction could differ. The animals testing is just harming innocent animals and only sometimes benefits. According to Humane Society International over 115 million animals are used in laboratory experiments. Those animals were pricked with needles, starved, burned, and abused. About 92% of drug testing on animals fail in human clinical trials.

If animal testing is not effective then, why do we continue to use it? These poor animals undeserving of this treatment are not protected by the Animal Welfare Act (AWA). Shampoos are also tested with rabbits. The rabbits have their eyelids clipped back leaving their eyes open and keeping them from blinking. The shampoo is then put around the eyes to test irritation. Think about it for a moment, put yourself in the shoes of that animal. What if you were forced to do those things?

I believe that this abuse should be stopped. There are alternatives and I am sure more that we could use. Instead of torturing millions of animals a year we could take volunteers. I am sure humans will be willing to be subjects to some of this testing depending what it is. Technology is advancing there could be some kind of program to make that shows what time of affects that the medications or products may have upon humans. These are some ideas and I am sure other people could add to this. I believe that animal testing is a big issue that needs to stop. They are undeserving to be held like this. I hope you take my thoughts into consideration, thank you.

Krysten

Hanover-Horton High School

Creative Writing Class

This is my creative writing class, they have concerns with our county and world today. Agree or Disagree, it is their VOICE to express.