Landon Michigan

Terrorism on American Soil

It's time to start focusing on the terrorism problems that matter most...in our own country.

I would like to start off by congratulating you as the new president of the United States. This is an excellent achievement of yours and you should be honored to serve our country. However, you are taking control in a bad time. With so many issues around the world, there is plenty to worry about. I think an issue of focus should be the terrorism inside the U.S. This is something big and going on in America that should be resolved.

When people think of terrorism in the U.S., the immediate thought is 9/11. While this was a deadly and tragic event, our country has had 15 more massive terrorist attacks since then (According to an article in the New York Times.) Just this year, we suffered from the shootings in Orlando killing 50 people. We have had some other sick and twisted terrorist attacks on American soil since 9/11, such as the Beltway Sniper Attacks in 2002.

Everyone knows of terrorism in other countries. It has been a big issue for awhile. However, as president you cannot handle foreign terrorism as well as you can here. I believe as president that you have to have a strong focus on anti-terrorism laws in the U.S. Once we get our own country free of terrorism, then we can begin to help other countries in their own war on terror.

Again, as I congratulate you on your new job as president, I hope you take these things into consideration. Terrorism in the U.S. is serious, and requires top level help to fix. That's where you come in. I hope as our new president you take this to heart and begin to make the people feel comfortable in their own country.

Again, congratulations and good luck,

Landon

Hanover-Horton High School

Creative Writing Class

This is my creative writing class, they have concerns with our county and world today. Agree or Disagree, it is their VOICE to express.