Julia Michigan

Preventing Animal Abuse

Animal abuse

Animal Cruelty is a very big issue rising in our country today. From drug and product testing, to makeup products, to animal fur in clothing, it all needs to come to a stop. There’s not one good reason innocent animals should be killed for our well being. Especially when they can’t do anything about it. Yes, we have to test products and make fashionable clothes somehow, but animal cruelty is not the answer.

The most common phase of animal cruelty is drug and product testing. Meaning, before giving medication to humans, doctors are giving it to animals, just to test it. Cosmetic products are being used to test animals as well. Thousands of animals such as bunnies, dogs, cats, horses, monkeys, whales, birds and many more animals are dying daily. A lot of times the animals that are being tested on are already suffering. Whether it’s a disease or a virus, these animals have no choice but to suffer more.

Another way animal cruelty is happening is by putting animal fur in clothing. Whether it’s deer, rabbits, wolves, or bears. Skinning animals to put fur in human clothing is the same thing as murder. There's no reason people should be killing innocent animals. A lot of times people will say the reason behind this is to help the population, by not overcrowding. I think it’s very wrong and it needs to come to a stop.

As the next President of the United States, it would be a great law to ban animal cruelty. Just think, what if animals were hunting us, innocent people, and we couldn’t do anything about it. Please take the time to put this into consideration. Thank you for your time.

Julia 

Hanover-Horton High School

Creative Writing Class

This is my creative writing class, they have concerns with our county and world today. Agree or Disagree, it is their VOICE to express.