Tynae

Animal Abuse

There is no excuse for animal abuse. Millions of animals get abused everyday, and since they don't have their own voice we have to be theirs and with the help of yo the next president we may be accomplish that.

October 24,2016

‘’Animals can suffer like humans do.’’ Whenever I read this I become upset because of all of the animal abuse going on in this world. Animal cruelty happens approximately 7.6 million times a year and it needs to stop. Around 7.4 million animals just are not as strong, and die. That is why I am coming to you, the president of the United States. I want to help stop the cruelty that happens to animals every day.

Most of the abuse comes from labs that test on animals. The U.S kills around 100,000,000 animals a year including dogs, cats, monkeys, rabbits, and mice. These labs believe that animal testing helps human society by creating medicine and that it does not harm the animal. According to human society, believe it or not others believe that “animals do not have rights, therefore it is acceptable.’’ All suffering is undesirable whether it is to humans or animals. Stating that just because animals don't literally have a voice doesn't make it ok to abuse them. Discriminating against animals because they do not have the cognitive abilities, language, or moral judgement that humans and society have is no more justifiable than discriminating against human beings with severe mental impairments.

Animal testing is not the only animal abuse that is going on. There is also animal cruelty. Animal cruelty is when someone hurts an animal or doesn’t care for its being. According to human society There have been 1,960 reports of animal cruelty since the year 2016 began. Half of the abuse is towards cats and dogs, but cruelty happens to animals in general. Most of the abuse is unthinkable and includes animals being abandoned, shot, stabbed, smothered, and the most common, fights. Not only are animals being affected, but the people who care for the animals are being affected too . There are so many animals in shelters out there, that shelters are becoming over filled. This makes finding homes for these abused animals even harder.

Just because there is a lot of evil in this world, doesn’t mean there isn’t any good that exists. For instance, ASPCA’s are shelters for animals to go to when they are in distress. People in ASPCA’s go out and help lost or hurt animals get into shelters. Sometimes the saviors help the animals themselves and take the animals home to a nice warm home. In addition to the ASPCA’s, there are people who report the abuse and fix it themselves. These people take animals in and nurture them back to health. There are only so many of these selfless people out there. We can only help these animals with your help. Please next president, let people know that “there is no excuse for animal abuse.” Please stop the testing, please stop the animal fights, please prevent animal cruelty. Please hear us out and believe that we need to help these animals.

Sincerly,

Tynae Drain

Sources:

www.animal-testing.procon.org

www.ASPCA.org/animal.cruelty