Tome S. & Carley M. Oklahoma

The Racial Divide

Every day the divide between black and white Americans affect people's lives.

Every day the divide between Black and White Americans has an effect on people's lives. Things like violence, riots, and racism have an impact on the “divide”. We need to make a change, let’s do something about it!

The violence has gone way too far. The pressure the people are putting on officers is making the police act out on civilians. The majority of people which are African American, believe that the police are being too forceful towards them instead of whites because they are racist. Also they think they are being judgmental. Both races believe that if we change the procedure than the tension would grow less between the people and police. In most communities, 49% of people believe that the police are more likely to use violence against a black civilian. 48% say that “race is not a factor”. We got this from www.apnorc.org

Riots have occurred because of the violence between ethnicity and law enforcement. According to the national law enforcement officer’s website say there are currently around 900,000 sworn-in officers in the United States. Of these less than 20% have ever been accused of police brutally.

We believe that somethings should change about how people reacts towards each other. For you as our next president we ask that you stop this before it gets worse. Thank you for your time.

Tome Sollock + Carley Miller

Classen School of Advanced Studies

Classen SAS 8th Grade English

Students from Ms. Sutton's 8th grade English classes in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.