Anton U. California

Keep the Government out of Heath Care

How and why government regulation and provision of Health-Care cannot work in America.

Recently the role of the federal government has begun to expand into regulating universal healthcare. With the founding of the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare, in 2010, the government since has been deeply involved in providing and regulating healthcare for Americans. As things have moved forward this act has hurt the average citizen rather than it has helped them. 

With the public regulation and funding of healthcare rather than it remaining private, a great deal of competition between various care providers and medical institutions has disappeared. Also, the United States government should not be involved with providing health care in the first place. This country, founded on freedom, led to the capitalistic economy we have today. Without the competition between various health care providers the government in turn creates an unintentional monopoly. In such not only does this hurt the providers left out of the equation, but also over time hurts individual Americans as premiums go up. 

So, I hope you take this into consideration when applying and introducing new policies within government's role in health care. Please keep the government out of a basic private affair like health care.