Emily F. New York

Animal Cruelty

My letter will be about animal cruelty!

There are many problems in the country that I think need to be taken care of, but a very important one that I take to heart is animal rights. There are many anti-cruelty laws in all states and territories of the U.S. but animal cruelty still occurs. There are hundreds, maybe thousands of cases related to animal abuse that go unreported. The most common victims of animal abuse are horses, livestock, dogs, cats, and birds. Many animals are suffering because of our thoughtless ways. This needs to change!!

There are two types of animal cruelty. These are passive cruelty and active cruelty. Passive cruelty involves cases of neglect. It is mostly lack of action to prevent pain and suffering of the animal. This includes starvation, dehydrating, improper shelter, etc.

The second type of animal cruelty, active cruelty, is basically acts where the abuser intentionally harms the animal. The animal would be beaten, whipped, burned, hit, kicked, or and even branded by the abuser. Many times it leads to the death of the animal. Imagine this happening to you! Would you like it if someone hurt you for no reason? This is what many animals in the U.S. go through. It is incredible how many people hurt innocent animals. We need to make an end to animal cruelty. We should start now!!

There are many things that we can do to prevent animal cruelty. A great example of something we can do is to report any type of animal cruelty we see. If we see any animal being hurt in any way, we should be reporting it to someone immediately. If someone knew about it, then maybe it could be stopped. Another thing we can do is to tell others to stop animal abuse. If we keep it to ourselves they will not know all the dangerous facts about it. Many people who do not try to protect animal rights do not know about this next fact: NO man, woman, or child, has ever been killed or harmed while trying to protect animals' rights and save an animal from abuse!

Animal abuse is a very important issue that we should consider to prevent it!! This is very important to me and I hope that we can stop animal cruelty soon!

Emily

Center Moriches Middle School

C.M.M.S. Writers

Students in this group are members of a creative writing course.