jackie s. Nevada

The Beauty Of Wolves

this is a speech I wrote for people to know about the beauty of wolves.

The beauty of wolves.

Imagine you are at home one day and all of a sudden your house is invaded by a herd of deer at first they are kind but then they start building and destroying your home you don't know what to do but attack but you try and then more show up so what do you do you leave and go were? This is how many wolf packs live in the fear of humans because of how society shows them this way to live and then they have to live in strenuous situations. Like the chernobyl wolf pack or known as the “radioactive wolves”. They live in the remains of the power plant in ukraine but times are getting scarce for them because there is no animals that want to go there because. they know they won't survive but the wolves have to stay there because they are now “poisoned” but even then they would not be able to live there because they are slowly dying. Because of how the population of the animals in the area are becoming less and less.

Which is why we need to know about the beauty of wolves .Wolves have developed many ways to communicate by body language and vocally. Facial expressions, tail and ear movements, body posture, teeth bearing, eye squinting and scratching are part of their vocabulary. Vocally, a wide variety of growls, yelps, whines and howls make up a sophisticated system of communication. Wolf language helps the pack to identify and locate its members, establish territorial boundaries, give instruction, request assistance, sound warnings, teach the young, and generally to bring cohesion and unity to the pack. If a wolf or wolves have entered your physique, you are fortunate to have an animal spirit to knows the importance of communication and one that will find many ways to make their messages know to you. This ability to communicate may be a sign to hone your own speaking skills to effectively relate your feelings and ideas in a good way - to pray, sing and dance in praise of the blessings of the Creator.

Everyday wolves lose habitat due destruction development and enforcement by humans and with the persecution of humans. Which is also affecting their way of life and it is harder for them to find things to live off of with the food chain where the wolf is at top. But if you look at the food chain from the bottom from the top you see that the plants are one of the main focuses of the food chain. Then you have the deer and the mice and the insects that all eat the plants. then you have the snake and the bird that eat the mice but at that point you see the the wolf is still at the top but what do they eat. the wolves eat the deer and the mice to prevent overpopulation in the other animals so that there is just not one thing surviving.

According to manataka which is an Indian council web site. The wolf has been much misunderstood and maligned in history and is not the vicious intruder of western fairy tales. The wolf is a shy, yet very sociable creature with strong rules of behavior. So in a way the wolf is so much like us humans but they are just misunderstood creature who have no way of knowing the right from wrong when the way we are treating them is just bad and they don't know the difference. Fear of the wolf is perhaps born when its eerie howl raises the hackles on our neck and in our souls. Maybe we do not fear the wolf at all, but only the wild nature within ourselves.which in a way makes us question the way we are hunting and talking about these harmless creatures who do not know how to change their way if we just keep treating them badly. we need to learn how to help and teach those in need with our actions. To American Indians, the wolf is said to be "teacher" medicine. We study wolfs ways of hunting and their social structure. The wolf is associated with the Dog Star, Sirus and some cultures belief humans came from this distant star. Wolf populations are threatened in the lower 48 states, but abundant in Alaska and Canada. Wolf has much to teach us, if only we will listen. This is why we need to know about the beauty of wolves.