Richard J. Michigan

Blaming video games for violence is stupid

Don't blame video games for violence.

I would like to address video games. It might be a stupid thing to talk about, but I liked to talk about it. Blaming violence on video games is just stupid. Everyone is yelling about how violence comes from video games and all that, but just because the top video games at the moment have violence, does not mean all video games are bad. “The number of high school students that have gotten in physical fights have gone down from 43%” ("Do violent video games"). Video games don't cause violence. “By the age of seven most children tell the difference between fantasy and reality violence” ("Do violent video games"). I like my video games. Don’t blame violence on video games. This has happened before. In 1956, people blamed violence on comic books. They turned the Joker into a boring prankster. So let's not make them like that.

From,

Richard J

"Do Violent Video Games Contribute to Youth Violence?." procon.org3 June 2016. Accessed 23 Oct. 2016. Path: http://videogames.procon.org/.

Portland Middle School

ELA

These letters show what students are passionate about in our society, and they are speaking out about them to make a difference!