Sharri Pennsylvania

Keep Our Military Strong!

My letter to you, Mr. or Mrs. President, is to express my opinion on the importance of investing great amounts of money into our military. Staying on top of the world isn't cheap, but I will persuade you that it is necessary.

Dear, "Whoever the Next US President May Be":

Although America spends more money on the military than the next seven countries combined, we also spend more on health care than the next nine countries combined. As a country we spend so much money because technology is getting more advanced and therefore more expensive. By cutting back our budget on the military we are leaving hard workers unemployed and leaving the safety of our citizens questioned. If our military wasn't so intense and competitive then our nation wouldn't be nearly as safe and comfortable that it is. 

The truth is that the work is fast evolving and military expenses are extremely competitive. Other countries won't back down because we are in a budget crisis. They will instead feed off of our budget cuts and increase their budgets to defeat us. The military is the back bone of our nation and to be stronger our military must be larger.

Respectfully yours,

Sharri

Elizabethtown Area High School

2016 Fall Honors World History

A collection of questions, lessons learned, and pressing thoughts from my 2016 Fall Honors World History students at Elizabethtown Area High School to the next President of the United States on the topic of foreign policy and pressing international issues