Paige E. North Dakota

Terrorism

Terrorism is a major problem in the US.

Terrorism. 

Terrorist attacks. 

These are major issues we face all over the world. Especially America, we face it a lot. Here are some examples of terrorist attacks. 

February 26, 1993: A bomb explodes on the second subterranean level of Vista Hotel’s public parking garage, below the second World Trade Center building. Six people were killed and more than 1,000 wounded. 

April 19, 1995: A bomb rips through the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, killing 168 people injuring almost 700. 

July 27, 1996: A bomb explodes in Centennial Olympic Park at Atlanta during the middle of a concert during the Summer Olympics. One person died, another died from a heart attack, and 111 were injured. 

September 11, 2001: At the World Trade Center site 2,753 people were killed, 184 at the Pentagon, and 40 in Shanks Ville, Pennsylvania, and a total of 2,997 people were killed. 

November 5, 2009: Major Nidel Hassan goes on a shooting rampage at the military processing center at Fort Hood, Texas, killing 3 wounding 32. 

April 15, 2013: Twin Bomb blasts explode near the finish line of the Boston marathon, killing 3 wounding at least 264. 

July 16, 2015: Mohammad Abutazeez opens fire on a military recruiting center and a Navy reserve in Chattanooga, Tennessee, killing 4 US Marines and a Navy sailor. 

December 2, 2015: Married couple opened fire on a holiday party in San Bernardino, California, killing 4. 

Terrorism is a huge problem. It has killed thousands and that just in the US. Think about the whole world. It’s a growing issue worldwide. Terrorism has caused around 130,000 fatalities worldwide between 2006 and 2016. Terrorism can be described as wrongful use of violence in order to intimidate civilian or politicians.

Terrorist attacks affect the whole country. It makes us sad to see our once great county crumble. This matters to the people who live in the big cities like Chicago, New York, and Orlando. This affects the families of the people that have been injured or even died.

The cause is people get mad or upset for some reason. The effect is that they take out their aggression on other people or themselves. People think this is a major problem.

So Mr./Mrs. President, I call you to help those who have been injured and their families of those who have died. We need to get more people on the streets. Do you really want to see this once great country fall? Help us.

Paige E.