Isaac Z. California

Letter to Future President

Over the last few years, terrorist attacks around the world have created fear and insecurity for many people.

As a country we need to stand up against terrorism. Over the last few years, terrorist attacks around the world have created fear and insecurity for many people. These acts do more than just take the lives of innocent people-- they also lead to broken families and more racial discrimination. As a country, we need to stand up to terrorist groups, not only for our own good but for the good of the world. These acts of terrorism also make us question the immigration of people from countries with terrorist influences and how we need to control this.

Terrorist attacks recently in Boston, Brussels, and Paris, to name a few, have shaken western societies. These attacks have invoked fear into people around the world and this needs to be taken care of. As a country, we need to be able to lead the cause in stopping these terrorist groups. This is one of the major problems our country is facing and we need a leader who has the right mindset to take action against terrorism instead of sitting back in fear.

We also need to control the growing racial discrimination in our nation. In our own country, we are being forced to racially profile certain individuals because of recent world-wide terror attacks. We need to find an effective solution to this racial discrimination because it is just hurting our reputation while blaming a whole group of people for these acts because only a small percentage of them are involved with these actions.

Even though racial discrimination is an issue we also need to heavily monitor immigration from nations that have a large amount of influence from Islamic terrorist groups. As of last year, there were 2.4 million immigrants from Muslim countries and this number was only 1.5 million in the year 2000. We need to monitor this immigration to keep the people of this country safe and secure, and letting in an influx of people from these nations would do the complete opposite of what we need. By monitoring immigration we will have more control over terrorist groups and more control over our nation.

The next President will need to act against terrorism to keep our country safe and to keep our citizens secure.

Isaac Zwerling

Newbury Park High School

English 11IB period 2B

High school English IB course