Dylan Miller Virginia

Letter

Syrian refugees should not be allowed into the United States to decrease terrorism.

Dylan Miller

14171 Turner Drive

Smithfield, VA 23430

7 November 2016

Mrs. Hilary Clinton

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW

Washington, DC 20500

I feel that the safety of American citizens is very important, and should not be put at risk under any controllable circumstance.  I am referencing terrorism and Surian refugees.  You have previously stated that you want to increase Syrian refugees by 550%.  This is a terrible idea either from the Middle East , Middle East descent, or Islamic religion make up the majority of the people who commit terror attacks on the United States.  That's not to say they don't commit acts of terrorism on other countries, but we should be focused on making our own country better and preserving it, not helping out other countries while our own problems cease to be resolved.  Charles Darwin proposed his theory of natural selection in 1859, saying those better adapted will survive, in latex terms.  The other side to that is the weaker people/organisms will die.  If in other countries people are dying off and we as Americans try to combat that, we are altering nature.  I'm not saying the 'stronger' of the forces in Syria is right in their doing, but that's just what is happening. To conclude, to ensure the safety of America and its great citizens, you should not allow any Syria refugees or other Middle Eastern people not of American origin to enter our country, and possibly you should even force those who have recently come here to depart elsewhere. 

Smithfield High School

SHS AP Lang Blocks 1 & 2

Smithfield High School, AP Language and Composition, 11th grade