Gabriel C. Virginia

Terrorism

A letter to our next president about the issue of terrorism outside of the U.S.

Dear Madame President: 

My name is Gabriel Culver, and I am a 16 year old high school school student in Smithfield, Virginia. As you have been recently elected as the president of our country, I would like to make sure that you are aware that many of my fellow citizens and I are concerned about the threat of terrorism in the U.S. As you know, terror attacks have plagued the U.S. in recent years and little to nothing has been done to stop them. This domestic terrorism is a result of the influence that the terror group ISIS has over extremists around the world. I personally believe that ISIS should have been put down long ago.

The way this could be solved now is by increasing the United States' participation in destroying terrorism over seas. I understand that you will be hesitant or unwilling to do so, considering the soldiers that have already lost their lives in this conflict. However, it is necessary to keep American citizens safe at home. The men and women who serve our country's military know the risk that they are taking when they sign up for service. The entire purpose of the U.S. military is to keep America safe, so I implore you to put boots on the ground in the Middle East to finish off ISIS once and for all. Thank you for considering my opinion.

Gabriel Culver

Smithfield High School

SHS AP Lang Blocks 1 & 2

Smithfield High School, AP Language and Composition, 11th grade