Jose L. R.S. Washington

Gun control should get stricter to decrease death, and other forms of violence which affect communities negatively.

It hasn't been surprising that gun control has been the center of attention in the United states for many years , people believe that guns can help when security is needed, some others think that guns increase violence and illegal activity. Gun control should get stricter to decrease death, and other forms of violence which affect communities negatively.

Gun violence has affected many people physically with violence such as death and suicide. In the article, “Should More Gun Control Laws be Enacted” it states, “Guns were the leading cause of death by homicide (66.6% of all homicides) and by suicide (52.2% of all suicides)”(ProCon.org). Basically this is saying that guns were what was used in most homicides and suicides. This means that violence is presented when there is guns in the picture. If guns were harder to get this wouldn't be a problem, Suicide and homicides would decrease since there would be less guns to commit those actions. Therefore creating stricter gun laws can prohibit the actions that can end people's lives. In the same article it states, “A woman's risk of being murdered increases 500% if a gun is present during a domestic dispute”(ProCon.org). This ties to violence increasing when there is a gun, Over 100% chance of a woman murdered if there is a gun present during a dispute. Meaning that people are at risk of getting killed whenever there is a gun around. Guns should not be used to hurt but for safety purposes as self defense. When it comes to guns being part of violence around the U.S there is a problem. Therefore gun laws should get stricter to decrease the violence and deaths within the U.S.

People should be aware that people want stricter gun laws . In the same article “ Should More Gun Control Laws Be Enacted” it talks about people for stricter gun laws , “According to a Pew Research survey in Mar. 2013, 83% of all adults surveyed (and 79% of gun-owners; 86% of people living with a gun-owner; and 74% of NRA households) approve of background checks for private and gun show sales”(ProCon.org). This proves that people want stricter gun laws because it shows that more than 50 % of people believe that there should be more background checks and stricter gun laws. This comes to show that people in the U.S feel unsafe and feel like there should be more gun laws which protect us all. My friend was murdered on august 14 2016, he was murdered by a shooter, I feel that if it wasn't for the gun being there it would be a different story, The laws in which could have kept that gun away from the shooter could have made a greater impact to the community. Any deaths that have occurred could have been changed if it wasn't for stricter gun laws. Therefore gun laws should become stricter in order to stop violence and killings, from becoming a much bigger problem.

Gun control laws should get stricter to protect communities from violence and killings. Guns are presented in most crimes, When guns are presented it is most likely that there will be a death. Future president I believe that the change of laws of guns should become stronger, to decrease the violence and deaths that are caused by guns. With stricter gun laws we can decrease robbery, deaths, suicides and other forms of violence which can better the communities and keep the guns away from people who don't need them to stay safe.

Dear future president, It hasn't been surprising that gun control has been the center of attention in the United states for many years , people believe that guns can help when security is needed, some others think that guns increase violence and illegal activity. Gun control should get stricter to decrease death, and other forms of violence which affect communities negatively.

Jose L. R.S.

Foster high school, Tukwila, WA

Foster High School

Gamboa 4th Period Civics

4th period Civics and Current Events taught by Ms. Gamboa.