Charles Washington

Get Educated

Advanced education should be the first thing you change for the better, Like having free Colleges or reduce tuition prices, being debt free from College, and having all the resources for college.

Get Educated

Advanced education should be the first thing you change for the better, Like having free Colleges or reduce tuition prices, being debt free from College, and having all the resources for college. Coming from Hillary Clinton she says, “States will have to step up and invest in higher education, and colleges and universities will be held accountable for the success of their students and for controlling tuition costs.”(Hillary Clinton). This means that the demand for higher education is high and that colleges and universities are responsible for kids and adults getting their education, their Major, degree.

Secondly, it is trying to be debt free or reduce your debt. This is supported by Kristen Kuchar,“Scoring a part-time job: First of all, they may connect you with part-time jobs available on campus, and they’re your go-to place if you’re able to participate in work-study. Working on campus has a few big benefits: It’s close by so commuting isn’t a problem and, chances are, the schedule will be since they understand that you’re a student. Landing a job is a great way to reduce your student loans while you’re still in school. Plus, you’re gaining experience, time management skills, and building a resume that can help you land an internship or job.”(Kristen Kuchar) What she is saying that jobs that are close to the school should help students get things paid for, like books, food and other expenses that goes to the college or university.

Third is to get a lot of resources for college. Resources for free college will beneficially impact those that want to go to school and to people that can’t afford college. This is illustrated from benefitof.net, “Free education would be beneficial to those who deserve it, as well as, to the society as a whole. Where everybody is talking about equal and better opportunities, the prospects of a better future should not be lost due to lack of equal opportunities for education.” Basically this quote is saying that we need resources, programs for free college. As a president can you do this?

Finally, I’m going through a rough time right now thinking of how can I go to college, what would the consequences be if I pick better education at higher prices? Like if I get into Harvard and won’t be able to pay for books and stuff. I want to try to avoid student loans cause I understand how much of a negative impact it can be on people that won’t be able to get a job after getting their degree in whatever and won’t be able to payback their loans. Being financially stuck and trying to get a better education is not a good combination period. If colleges were free then my determination for college would be higher than paying thousands of dollars and just barely getting in. Coming from a senior in high school I am really worried for my future. If you really want to help out for your country then start doing so now, for the future of our country and each individual kid’s future and the future of families that haven’t even get into college yet. Some family’s kids being the first generation to be in college will be a big change. In conclusion students like me want free or reduce colleges tuitions, being debt free by the time we get out of college or university or reduced debt, and lastly resources or programs for getting into colleges free.

Charles X.

Foster High School

Tukwila, WA 

Foster High School

Gamboa 4th Period Civics

4th period Civics and Current Events taught by Ms. Gamboa.