Thu Washington

gun violence

Watching news everyday on TV and newspapers, I realized that United States has so many shootings everywhere, including schools and malls where most kids go. Just in one year, the Gun Violence Archive reports that there have been 133 mass shootings already. That’s so horrible thing that i have ever know about United States. Gun control laws need to include more background checks.

Watching news everyday on TV and newspapers, I realized that United States has so many shootings everywhere, including schools and malls where most kids go. Just in one year, the Gun Violence Archive reports that there have been 133 mass shootings already. It’s so horrible thing that i have ever know about United States. Gun control laws need to include more background checks.

This issue is important in my life because nowaday shootings are everywhere in this country. Gun violence makes me scared even in the public or in schools. I’m from viet nam and before I came I imagined America was the most peaceful country in the world without violence or danger. But now, this country doesn’t make me feel safe.I remember last year in my old school, a girl who was 14 years old got shot by her uncle just because of her pair Jordan shoes. That shot took her away from this world when she was really young. New of other shooting didn’t stop at that point, around past few months, again I heard about the boy who was 18 years old died from shooting by other guy in my current school which I’m going to. I don’t feel safe at school anymore and always have a thought about someday another shooting will happen in school suddenly and what if I will be the victim on that day.

After many shootings happened and took away many people in this country, America is becoming dangerous as other countries. To be peaceful, it is necessary for our government to make gun control laws have more background checks.

According to Smartgunlaws.org/, “Since the federal background check requirement was adopted in 1994, over two million prohibited persons have been denied a firearm transfer or permit through the FBI’s background check system. Federal law has several flaws, however, that allow ineligible individuals to obtain firearm. Because of primate sales are not required to conduct background checks so many people who has a criminal background check or illegal are able to easily buy gun and also they easily use it to hurt others when they can’t control theirself.”

It is necessary for our government to make gun control laws have more background checks that I can feel safe because the wrong people can’t have guns to hurt others.

This issue is important in my life because I don’t want to worry and don’t want my family worry about me whenever I go outside. Right now, shooting effect more to me, I need to work but I can’t work or do anything that far away from my house or go home after 9pm because my mom. It’s scare that I will get trouble from other people.

We need to have more background check gun sales that make sure guns are not used by people who don’t have normal thinking or have bad background before because those people can be cause of fighting and shooting.

Foster High School

Civics - Period 5

Civics period 5