Bryce C. California

Minimum Wage

Raise minimum wage

1600 Pennsylvania Ave

Washington DC 20500

Dear Mr. or Mrs. President:

I am an 8th grade student who is concerned for my future and the future of many others. In the few years I have been alive, I have noticed that things only get more expensive and if this continues with the current minimum wage, people with less experience will not be able to afford most utilities essential to life and will only make the poverty percentage bigger in america. In my opinion, your first act as president should be to raise the minimum wage, which would stop racial and gender inequality. 63% of federal minimum wage workers are female, 21.5% are hispanic and 11% are African American, which leaves the rest of the 4.5 for white males and other races.

I think you should raise minimum wage because people who are just getting out of high school or going into college would have a harder time paying for essential utilities because they have less experience than most people so they can't get a very good job. This would lead them to get jobs at Burger King or other places like that. With the current minimum wage of $7.25 an hour, a young, starving student can barely pay rent or buy food and other utilities.

As a 13 year old I am almost of age to drive so I will need more money to buy my car and pay for all the car utilities. I will not be able to do this if the minimum wage does not increase. I will also need to pay for multiple other things like car insurance, rent, etc. Some of the other families that are poor, the kids will come out with little to money plus the low minimum wage which doesn't really help anything.

Kids shouldn't have to worry about this because it should already be taken care of. Either lower the prices of things or raise the minimum wage.

Thank you Mr./Mrs. President for reading my letter. I hope you will consider my suggestions for the sake our future.

Sincerely

Bryce C.