Grace P. California

College Tuition

College Tuition

Mr./Mrs. President

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW,

Washington, DC 20500

Dear Future President :

I would like to congratulate you on winning the 2016 Presidential election. I think you will be a phenomenal president and I know you’ll make exceptional choices when it comes to leading our nation. I am 13 years old, my name is Grace P. and I’m in 8th grade at Achieve Charter School of Paradise, California. I am speaking with you today because I believe that college should cost significantly lower than what it costs today.

First and foremost, college tuition can and will, put college graduates in debt. Between the years of 2003 and 2012, the number of 25 year old college students in debt went from 25% to 43%. Also, their student loan balance was $20,326 in 2012, a 91% higher rate than in 2003. College students may become stressed, depressed, frustrated, or unfocused when thinking about their debt or loan repayment.

Meanwhile, poverty stricken people do not have enough money for very much education at all. However, I would like to stop this problem. Perhaps a little girl has always had the dream of becoming a doctor. Once she grows up, it was time to pick a college. She decided to apply to Harvard.

Harvard has an incredibly high tuition fee. She could not go to Harvard due to her family's financial income. This girl would have to and the struggle she would have to face just for a good education is outrageous! Imagine your children facing this trouble. Would you ever want to see your children heartbroken? I don’t think anyone would want to see that and lowered college tuition can help that problem. Less tuition on college will help people who are poor have an education too.

Just think about all of those children with big dreams of becoming what they want to become and all of a sudden their dreams are crushed by the cost of tuition. This is why it is very important that we face this problem. Surely you can’t leave this problem unnoticed. All things considered, we cannot have free college because we would still have to pay College teachers and aids. Some people might say “We can’t have less college tuition because then we have to balance out the pay.” However, we could put higher taxes on people or buy more bonds.

Overall, College tuition is a problem we need to think about lowering to help young adults achieve their goals and dreams. Consider everything and think things through. Make new beginnings by starting the Constitutional process on reduced college tuition now. I know you're a very busy person and I just wanted you to know how much it means to me that you have read this letter. Thank you so much.

Grace P.