Kylie S. Texas

Defending LGBT Rights

The rights of the LGBT community and defending their equality.

Our country is split on an issue quite important to myself. Although America is supposed to free and excepting, this is no longer true. I am talking about LGBT rights. I find it personally insulting that people find it wrong for someone to be born a certain way and reject them. Are we now going to start saying how disabilities are wrong? What about telling a blind person, “Oh it’s just a phase.” No person in their right mind would say that.

People against the Love Wins movements argument is plain and simple the Bible. Many people in the LGBT community attend a church or believe in some sort of higher power. When arguing with the Bible, people tend to pick and choose. Leviticus 19:28 says, “Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord.” This verse is against tattoos and piercings. Leviticus 18:22: " Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." 3. Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." The previous verse is against homosexuality. You believe what you believe, but if you believe two people from the same sex being together is wrong you might run into an issue if you have just a simple ear piercing.

As Rachel D. states ,“There is a difference between men and woman. Children need both the comfort of a mother and the loving, strength of a father.” She is throwing gender equality out the window, but mainly showing two women or men can’t be as comforting or strong in an emotionally and physical way. Later on in her letter she states, because of a feeling many teens, young adults, and even adults themselves can’t seem to hide away, our country is headed in a bad direction.

In my opinion people shouldn’t hide what they were born with. I feel that they shouldn’t get shamed from gambling, tattoo covered hypocrites. As sang in the Star Spangled Banner “the land of the free”, here anybody can be who they were born to be.

Kylie S, KHS