Gracie Q. Texas

Abortion in America should be illegal. The killing of a person is murder. It shouldn’t matter if a child hasn't taken its first breath of air, its heart is beating, it is alive.

“God… from my mother’s womb had set me apart and called me through his grace.” (St. Paul to Galatians 1:15) My name is Gracie, I am only 14 but I still have strong emotions about this topic. Abortion in America should be illegal. The killing of a person is murder. It shouldn’t matter if a child hasn't taken its first breath of air, its heart is beating, it is alive. Period.

Picture this. A man charges into the home of a pregnant women, he then proceeds to stab her in the stomach and her own heart on a violent drunken rampage. Both the mother and the baby are killed in the process, the man would then be charged with double manslaughter. The baby did not get to breathe its first breath but the man is charged as though it did. So what's the difference? The killing of a bald eagle in America is illegal but it is legal to kill a human, basically American values a bird more than a human being? Well, what if a woman is carrying the child of her assaulter some argue, but my question to them is why can't you just wait and give the baby up for adoption? I understand that every time you would look at your child you would see how it was violently and unwantedly conceived but their adoptive parents would see their dreams coming true. Couples all across America medically can not have children so they look to adopt. You could provide some one that is willing to love and care for this baby, someone who wants this baby, unlike you with their own child. These babies to not have a voice of their own so I am an advocate for them, and I want the future president to be an advocate for them too.

In conclusion, a pregnant woman who doesn't want to keep the child they are carrying has other options than abortions. They should pursue one of them rather than killing an unborn child who could have potentially cured world hunger, cancer, found homes for the all homeless, or even found world peace.

Respectfully, 

Gracie

Student, KHS