Baylee C. Texas

Water Scarcity

describing the concerns of water scarcity and ways to solve it

Dear future President,

Water scarcity is a growing concern for many countries including the United States. Drinking water is very important for humans to function, so if we run out of water then what? While other countries are suffering with a limited amount of water per week, we’re over here drinking sodas and other beverages daily. Your action as President can impact not only the well-being of every nation, but also the economy of the United States.

While most of the Earth consists of water, 96.5% of it is undrinkable salt water from the ocean. A solution to this problem would be building desalination plants to remove the salt from the water, therefore, making it drinkable. Building these plants will produce jobs for Americans which will, in turn, boost our economy. It will also increase the Gross National Product when we export the purified water to countries in need. It’s a win-win situation that you, as the President of the United States, should pursue.

The availability of fresh, clean water is a growing issue that can you can solve during your presidency. The fate of our world depends on the actions you take. Be the change we all desperately need.

Baylee C