Enzo M. Texas

War on Terror

Biggest Issue on The planet

In the day and age we live in, our world is plagued by terrorism and extreme acts of violence. Terrorist such as Isis threaten the safety of the American people and the safety of the world. This war on Terror started after the events of September 11th 2001. It’s recently caught my attention due to the events in Paris last year and in Mosul recently. Currently I feel terrorism is the biggest issue on the planet.

According to a map found on BBC Isis lost 16% of its held territory within the past year. In my opinion and in most people’s opinion Isis should vanish from the face of the Earth. They should lose 100% of their stolen territory. Counter-Terrorism should be more aggressive and effective. Counter-Terrorist should not only prevent terror attacks they should actively seek to destroy these terrorist organizations. If Counter-Terrorists were better funded and trained they would be more effective. This is an issue that should be prioritized over most.

Those who support the terrorists are terrorists themselves. No sane person would ever support these murders and criminals. Only a small percentage of the world’s population are terrorists, but a large percentage lives in fear everyday. Lives are lost in extreme demonstrations of violence. As shown on a chart from Statista, over 28,000 people died last year due to terrorist related events. That number needs to be 0. How longer are people going to die for a demented organization?

I believe that with enough effort and dedication this breed of crime can be eradicated. As President you have quite some power, so I’m asking you to make a difference for the good of the nation and the world. The people of these United States can’t live in fear anymore.