Natasha T. Texas

Abortion-Pro choice

Dear future president, Making abortions illegal doesn’t stop abortions. It stops SAFE abortions. Pro-Choice is the right choice because it prevents women from having a responsibility they may not be ready for financially and/or mentally. Many women are also victims of rape, or may have a child due to incest, and may not be prepared to care for a child. One reason why I believe abortion should be legal is because many women that are pregnant are not ready to care for a child. If the child was conceived through rape, incest, or it was an accident, and the mother never meant to get pregnant, it might feel like it is a burden to their parents. According to The National Center for Biotechnology Information, the national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5.0% per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45); among adult women an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year. A child should have food, shelter, an education, and a loving family. If a baby is born into this world without those things, and the mother is struggling deeply, why should the child have to suffer? In 2014, a total of 249,078 babies were born to women aged 15–19 years, for a birth rate of 24.2 per 1,000 women in this age group. Many teens that get pregnant lose support from their families and friends, and cannot finish their education. Many young mothers don’t get the opportunity to finish college or high school and cannot support their child because they don’t have a large enough income. Some also might say abortion is the murder of a baby, and if a woman gets pregnant, that it is her responsibility. Fetuses in the womb are not babies. Babies start at birth not at conception, and when the fetus is being aborted, it does not feel any sort of pain. The fetus has not yet developed a full heart, brain, eyes, or limbs, and it is not fully a person. Some also might say it is the woman’s responsibility, but shouldn’t it be the woman’s choice? If you want to insist that a woman take the responsibility of a child, you should trust her with the responsibility of making the decision. Abortion is a topic that is often debated, and many people have different takes on it. Abortion should not be mandatory for anybody, but it should not be forbidden either. It is the woman’s body and the woman’s choice. Some women might not want to give up their child for adoption, and some might want to take on the responsibility. It should be the woman’s choice and not the government's. Sincerely, Natasha T