Arraya L. Minnesota

Dear Future President

I want America to keep allowing immigrants in and start a new life. From the start America has been a melting pot to the world. People who wanted safety, honesty, respect and to be heard came to America. Many countries had fought for what is now America, but what would the country do with the immigrants that had made this place their homes?

I want America to keep allowing immigrants in and start a new life. From the start America has been a melting pot to the world. People who wanted safety, honesty, respect and to be heard came to America. Many countries had fought for what is now America, but what would the country do with the immigrants that had made this place their home? The world would be back to square one, except, there would be duplicate countries (2 of the same British countries). We don't need anymore of the same country. What we need is there to be a place where everyone has the chance to believe what they want and be who they are.

The only people that had originally lived here were the Native Americans. So if immigrants are not allowed to come over, then everyone who is not Native would have to leave, because technically they're immigrants (even Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama). Their ancestors might of came over a long time ago, but there is not any “American” in their DNA it's all different (European, African, Asian, ect.). So how do we have anymore of a right to live here then they do? What have we done that they haven't? If immigrants are not welcomed then we changed the history of what America is. It even says that in the National Anthem that we are “the land of the free, and the home of the brave”. How is not allowing immigrants in being brave. All the action proves to the rest of the world is that we are scared and don't feel safe in our own country.

Many people think that getting rid of immigrants is going to get rid of ISIS and other terrorist groups. That's not going to make any difference. Did people not see what happened during 9/11? Those terrorists were not in America. They were in a plane going to America. So pretty much if we can't have immigrants then people from other countries can't come and visit here either. A lot of times terrorist groups don't even live in America. So how is no immigrants supposed to help anything? I mean I guess that people can only visit other places if it is still in the same country, but that is Not realist. Anyone even Donald Trump can see that.

There is no possible way that America can be terrorists free. None of the countries can, but somehow they don't try to make impossible decisions. There is no perfect way to stop terrorists attacks but there are better ways to prevent more from happening. An example that could help, could be that when immigrants come to live in America they would need a background check. If there is anything on their record that is fishy then they can't live in America. It's as simply as that. I believe that something that easy can make a difference in the terrorist attacks.

In conclusion, I think that America needs immigrants because that makes America special from the rest of the world. You could be talking to a neighbor next to you, and you would not know what nationality they are. Chances are if you go to Mexico than you would be talking to a Mexican, but here you never know. Yeah the United States is made up of mostly “white” people but you truly don't know where they are from. Here in Northern Minnesota we are mostly Scandinavian or at least part Scandinavian. But if you went somewhere down south like Louisiana you would be very surprised at how many more African Americans live there. I think that it is important that the leaders of America know that if there was not any immigrants than they would not have a nation to lead.

Thank you!

Arraya Laitinen