Priyanka S. California

Animal testing needs to stop

America needs to put a stop to all animal testing because it is cruel and inhumane.

Hello future President,

Many issues face America but one persistent and inhumane issue is animal testing. People in America need to become aware of animal testing and put a stop to it because animals are getting harmed and even killed by it and also because animals do not have the ability to stop it themselves. 

Animals all over America are getting harmed and even killed because of animal testing and to stop it, Americans need to become aware of what is going on. According to CBS news, “The use of animals in experiments at leading federally-funded labs has increased nearly 73 percent in the past 15 years.” This is a shocking statistic that shows that instead of stopping animal testing, Americans have not done anything to help. Animals like mice, rats, rabbits, cats, and dogs every year get killed and harmed by animal testing. “In research and testing, animals are subjected to experiments that can include everything from testing new drugs to infecting with diseases, poisoning for toxicity testing, burning skin, causing brain damage, implanting electrodes into the brain, maiming, blinding, and other painful and invasive procedures.”, according to an article on the website Neavs. Animal testing is very cruel and inhumane and causes many animals to extremely suffer without being shown any mercy.

America needs to speak up for the animals because they do not have the ability to do so themselves by taking a stand. As humans, Americans have the ability to make a difference in the world. Animals are being taken for testing and are being left helplessly to die without the ability to do anything(Casey). Humans need to bring awareness of these cruel practices. By doing so, more people will become knowledgeable about this issue and take a stand. By taking a stand, America can put a stop to animal testing and make the world a better place.

Some people may say that testing on animals is better and safer than testing on humans because human lives matter more, but many Americans do not know that some of it is not even effective. Because animals have different anatomies than humans, it can give humans wrong data about products(Cimons). According to the website Neavs, “Statistics show irrefutably that animal-based methods used in preclinical testing to select drugs for human use are unreliable.” This can cause products that worked on animals to give a different reaction on humans. This is why America needs to stop animal testing before it can take anymore lives of helpless animals for no reason at all.

Animal testing is cruel, inhumane, and horrible and it needs to be stops. Animals are being harmed and killed due to animal testing without the ability to stand up for themselves. The only hope of the animals that are being testing on are humans. In conclusion, Americans need to become aware of the problem of animal testing and put a stop to it.

Priyanka S.

"Animal Testing 101." PETA. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Nov. 2016.

Casey, Michael. "Animal Experimentation up 73 Percent, Study Says." CBSNews., 26 Feb. 2015. Web. 06 Nov. 2016.

"Harm and Suffering | Animal Use in Research." Harm and Suffering | Animal Use in Research. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Nov. 2016.

"Limitations and Dangers | Animal Use in Research." Neavs. N.p., 6 May 1998. Web. 06 Nov. 2016.

Diablo Vista Middle School

Zhebel - English 8

Zhebel - English 8