Grace California

Letter to Mr. Trump

I wrote this letter as an assignment in Mr. Leeper's Ethnic Studies class at Aptos Middle School in San Francisco, CA. It is meant to display our thoughts and feelings about the winner of the Presidential Election, Donald Trump.

Dear Mr. Donald Trump,

I am an eighth grade student who attends Aptos Middle School in San Francisco, California. When I graduate high school I want to go into a career pathway that would allow me to help people feel safe, wanted, and useful. I hope that as the new President you will have similar goals.

Some issues that I hope you will be able to make better as the new President of the United States would be the education reform and to improve our national security. One way that I think will help you improve our national security would be to have even more airport security and to do a background check on the refugees brought into the country. I think that you could improve our education system by making improvements to Common Core rather than just dumping it. I feel that you could make these improvements by ensuring that there is a standardized education system throughout the country.

My last thoughts of what you could do to help our country grow and come together as a nation would be to listen to everyone's opinions and not just those that you agree or disagree with. I believe that this would help bring us together because everyone would feel that their opinions have been heard and included in your decisions. The purpose of this letter was to to tell you how I feel improvements could be made in the country and how I would go about solving them.  

Aptos Middle School

Ethnic Studies @ Aptos Middle School

After the presidential election students in my Ethnic Studies classes were teeming with emotions, questions, and responses. I decided that Letters to the Next President was a great forum for them to be able to emote, pose those questions, and tell Donald J. Trump the kind of president they want him to be.