David Oregon

Gun Control🔫

Gun control is an important topic in America. There are too many mass shootings and police casualties. We need to improve the gun control law.

Guns are a dangerous weapon, we all know that. So why give them to just anyone. We need very strict background checks. We can't have crazy people running around with full autos and just guns in general. 

From 1982 to May of last year there have been at least 61 mass murders carried out with firearms across the country. These kind of incidents are happening more and more recently. A study showed that in seven years there were at least 6.4 active shootings per year, while the last seven years that number jumped to 16.4 active shootings per year. States with stricter gun control laws have fewer deaths from gun related violence. You are most at risk in a business/workplace.

The south is the most violent region in the United States. There have already been at least 19 shootings in the month of November 2016. Most of those have occurred in Illinois and Florida. America is the leading country with 90 overall shootings since 1966. In they year 2016 49 people have already been killed in Orlando, Florida.

All presidents have talked about gun control but none of them have done anything. We need you to make it happen. I don't want to have to hear about anymore people getting killed by wackjobs. There are also to many police casualties. We need to stop the madness.

Most killers use semi automatics. Most of these people bought these guns legally. We can't make it easy for them to buy guns. We need to make very hard or impossible for them to buy guns. It's to easy for them to buy guns, thats why we have so many shootings. So could you please do something about it.

Kennedy Middle School

Henderson Period 3 Social Studies

What's important to you? This is a forum to write about the issues that matter to YOU!