Devon C. Oregon

Deforestation

Deforestation is a major problem in the US and needs to be contained.

Deforestation is an ongoing issue in the United States. Many forests are being cut down and put to an end in order to make more neighborhoods and supposedly improve the life for the people that live in the city. I am hoping that you, being the future president of the United States of America, can help to reduce and limit the amount of deforestation that occurs in our country.

Illegal logging is one of the biggest problems that the U.S. has for deforestation. According to Wikipedia illegal logging, “the biggest problem with deforestation because it is nearly impossible to monitor and stop ”(Deforestation in the United States." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 17 Nov. 2016.).If you as the president of the United States can reduce the amount of illegal deforestation that occurs in the U.S., the amount of trees and forest area lost can be reduced. Not only does the deforestation affect the air we breathe and where we can live, but it also affects the animals that already live there.

Deforestation destroys the homes of the animals that live there. It can potentially put a species to extinction. National Geographic explains that, “Seventy percent of Earth's land animals and plants live in forests, and many cannot survive the deforestation that destroys their homes”(Society, National Geographic. "Deforestation Facts, Deforestation Information, Effects of Deforestation - National Geographic." National Geographic. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Nov. 2016.) .Those of us that hunt are also affected by it. If there is no animals and no forest to hunt or hunt in, then there is no hunting. And even for those families that go camping with their children won’t have anything to look forward to if there is no forest.

Future president, keep our great country great by protecting our forests. They do a lot more for us than it may seem, but if they weren’t here, we wouldn’t be here either.