carlie z. Oregon

Child Abuse

I am writing about child abuse and how we should make more support group.

Child abuse in our country is a problem that needs to be better dealt with. There are an abundance of young girls and boys who are currently being abused by their parents or family relatives Most young children are to scared to report it. When people have a strong feeling a child is getting abused most of the time they don’t say anything,because they feel like they shouldn’t get involved in somebody else’s situations. Another reason they don’t report it is that they feel out of place saying something to the abuser and that’s why they just turn a blind eye.

If a person has a feeling a child is getting abused they should turn it into the police. Multiple people are getting away with child abuse because nobody is brave enough to turn it in. I think that the government should make more programs on how to prevent child abuse from happening. I know child abuse won’t stop completely but i think creating more groups about child abuse may lower the number of children getting abused. Even people who know that child abuse is going on don’t even bother to report it. From experience I know of some people who know about abuse don’t bother to report it.But there is never a good reason to repeatedly hit a child and it should be reported right away if you know of someone or think someone is getting abused.

Physical abuse isn’t the only type of abuse children are dealing with. Emotional and verbal abuse are often overlooked but are more common for a child. Some kids show bruises on the outside from getting hit but children that get verbally abused usually keep it to themselves and it can lead them to depression. Children that are verbally abused may think it’s normal for people to treat them badly so they also treat people poorly without knowing it’s not okay. It is hard to tell if a child is getting emotionally or verbally abused because there is no proof on the outside. Sometimes you can tell by the way they act or talk in front of people.

The government should form private groups for emotionally and verbally abused children. The groups may help by letting the children speak their mind to people who understand them. According to National Statistics on child abuse,“Nearly 80% suffered neglect, 18% suffered physical abuse, and 9% suffered sexual abuse and just under 80% of child fatalities as a result of abuse and neglect were caused by one or more of the child victims parents.”

Child abuse in our country is a serious problem. We have the opportunity through education and training to create more support groups about abuse. It is our responsibility to keep our children safe. So creating more groups about child abuse can open the eyes of some people and they can try to help children that are in abusive situations.