Monique O California

Having A Voice for Those Who Are Silenced

Today many kids are being abused . Kids are getting taken advantage of and silenced by fear.

Dear Future President:

In the United States, approximately 1 out of every 4 girls and 1 out of every 6 boys is sexually abused.

This is a large percentage of the youth today. However we are still blind to the reality of these crimes. Only 70% of victimized children actually speak out about the sexual crimes they have experienced. This still leaves 30% hiding in the darkness of the crime that has been committed. These children are our future; however, how can we plan for a better future if kids are manipulated and forced to do things they do not wish to do? Children deserve to have a voice and not be neglected.

Children who have been victimized deserve to have their offender receive harsher punishments. When a child molester is put into prison the maximum amount of time they get is 25 years. This, from my perspective is very unfair. Victimized children must live everyday for the rest of their lives knowing their childhood innocence was stolen from them.   As the next president you must be the voice of these children and show them that the crime that has been committed is not okay. The men or women who cause harm to children should be put in prison for life, seeing as how they ruined someone else’s. Many of these children often are unable to involve themselves in society without lots of support.  It is up to us as Americans to make a better America for tomorrow but if we take care of our children today!


Monique Ortiz

The Preuss School UCSD

Block 6

AP English Lit & Comp, B Day

All letters from this group →