Eduardo G. California

College Tuition

Ever since we were young, we've been led to believe that college is the key to success. Unfortunately not all of us have the same financial resources as one another, so some of us cannot continue to expand our education.

I am currently in the process of applying for college as well as millions of other Americans today. A major factor that I put into consideration is how I am going to pay for it, and I'm sure there are many people out there in the same position as me. In America, having a high school diploma is almost equivalent to not having one at all when it comes to applying to certain jobs. Therefore, I believe that if we want our economy to compete with the best in the world, then our government needs to provide more financial assistance to those who need it. In order to make this possible we must begin by investing money into lower and middle class students that have the proper requirements to get into college but are not able to pay for it themselves. It is well known that a person is almost certain to fall in debt after graduating from college, however it should not determine whether or not they attend.

Scholarships and financial aid can only do so much, and may not always cover the entire cost. I have heard countless experiences from college students and their families struggling to make it by which is just awful. This should not be an issue that people like myself, who want to continue studying, but without the necessary funds, have to face. I hope you can fix this problem so that lower and middle class students in America don't fall into the same disadvantage.

Thank you, 

Eduardo Gasca