Alaya F. Michigan

EpiPen prices

With the current increase in EpiPen prices over the last nine years parents and families are struggling to be able to afford it. So, one issue worth considering during your time in office is reducing the price of Epi pens.

Dear next president,

As you many know the price of an epipen is now somewhere upwards of $600, and with the current increase in prices over the last nine years parents and families are struggling to be able to afford it. So, one issue worth considering during your time in office is reducing the price of epipens.

Fourteen years ago I was diagnosed with an allergy to all types of nuts. For example, peanuts, tree nuts, cashews, almonds, walnuts and chestnuts. Also, nine years ago I was diagnosed with an allergy to all types of soy, For example, soybeans, soy protein, and soy lecithin. So, I have pretty much needed an epipen ever since I was born.However, I am not the only one who needs an epipen. Researchers estimate that up to 15 million people in the US alone have food allergies that require an epipen.

Although epipen prices are a big issue to most families, there are people who do not have trouble paying for the the epipen, due to being financially stable, and would argue that the epipen prices do not need to be lowered because the company needs profit to make more epipens and pay its workers .However, there are many benefits of lowering the price of epipens such as more people being able to afford it, and if more people are able to afford it that means higher profit for the company because there will be more buyers.

Many people buy epipens without any problems,and many people struggle just to be able to afford it. But the fact is, that the epipen is not just some expensive toy that people don't need, it is a life saving device that many people depend on and should be affordable to those who need it.

Alaya F.

Avondale High School

Avondale High School

Honors English 10