Jenna S. Minnesota

Lack Of Education Not Just in America But Around the World

A lot of people all around the world lack or don't have any education at all I have always been interested in this topic because I believe that it is important to have a good education.

I would like to discuss a topic that has been an issue for a long time, not just in America but all around the world. A lot of people all around the world lack or don't have any education at all. I have always been interested in this topic because I believe that it is important to have a good education. As the president I feel you should work your hardest on this problem to make our world a better place.

Many kids drop out of school because because they don't have the resources to go to school, or because they don't have a great school in their neighborhood. People shouldn't feel that they don't have a choice to go to school. This is one big problem in America that we need to fix.

According to Dosomething.org, in “2012, 31 million pupils dropped out of school”. The significance is that millions of people are dropping out of school. Also, “61 million primary school-age children were not enrolled in school in 2010” and, “children living in a rural environment are twice as likely to drop out of school than urban children” according to Dosomething.org. Also in 2013 60 percent of all U.S fourth graders scored “below proficient” according to Studentsfirst.org. This means that kids are not getting the education they need to succeed in life.

My suggestion for this problem is to have options for kids or requirements.Like offering more programs in school that kids/teens actually like that make it fun for them to go to school. Many kids in America and around the world don't go to school because they lack transportation. I suggest that schools should offer the transportation system to go further not just the school district area. Also a lot of kids have to work during the day to provide for their family, so some kids can't make it to school in the daytime. Offering an after school program for ALL ages of kids would help out a lot. Also I think that students should not be allowed to drop out of highschool, because when people have that option, most people will pick wrong.

Overall I hope that I have brought this problem in America to your attention. Making kids have more education could help America's economy and create more jobs in the future. Try solving this by having more options, and having some requirements. Thank you so much for your time.

Jenna Scuto, 10th grade

Eagan, Minnesota   

Henry Sibley High School

Imm

Ms. Imm's American Lit classes