Leo I. California

Problems with the Environment

Why the environment is a problem, and how we can help.

Dear, Future President,

I’m a student that is currently learning about the environment and it’s a huge problem and i want you to fix it. We are killing the earth with our growing population. Everybody is focusing on stuff like other countries and were spending so much money on things like military and the government when the earth is dying right in front of us and nobody is is doing anything about it. Were just standing around like nothing is happening.

We are polluting the ocean. For example cargo ship and cruise lines dump 14 billion pound of trash into the ocean. Also 1 million seabirds and 100,000 sea animals die from pollution each year see what I mean look what is happening to our ocean plus we dumped 8 million barrels of oil on to the Gulf of Mexico and we still haven't cleaned it up.

Did you know that farm waste is causing a lot of dead zones in the ocean? Dead zones are places in the ocean that don't have any oxygen. Only 3.4% of the ocean is being protected. Most people don’t even that more than of the great coral reef is just a giant dead zone. All the oil in the ocean is just killing any animal that is touched by it.

So what i'm trying to say is that we are just killing the earth without a care in the world, and we should care because it's our world and we don't have a different one. So we need to save this one before we can even think about trying to go to another one. So stop the war and pay attention to what's going on around you

Leo

Health Science Middle School

Health Sciences Middle School

Our young writers share their passion, questions, and solutions with you in hopes of creating a more positive and powerful dialogue during this electoral season.