Dalton C. Minnesota

Global Warming

Dalton

Future President

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington DC

20500

Dear Future President:

Have you noticed that summers have been getting hotter and winters colder? Most of the population would say yes. This is also known as global warming, I believe global warming is important to me because if we don't solve or attempt to change our ways it'll affect the future. Global warming is a massive problem because rising sea levels are endangering coastal cities and posing a threat to animals across the world.

Cities like Miami are endangered due to rising sea levels. Mathew Hauer, a Demographer for the university of Georgia, has studied the rate of the rising sea levels. His studies say about 4.9 million people are endangered of becoming displaced people if the seas rise 2.95 feet and if the seas rise 5.9 feet that number increases up to 13.1 billion people displaced. According to the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration sea levels will rise 8 inches to 6.6 feet by 2100. Combining all these statistics are important because they show the important issue of global warming. We need to take action to reduce carbon emissions further preventing the melting of the ice caps.

Animals like the rodent from the Bramble Cay called the Bramble Cay melomys are extinct due to loss of habitat. The reason why they went extinct was the massive loss of land. The island use to be 9.8 acres to 6.2 acres because of rising sea levels the loss of habitation has caused these animals to go extinct. I think is scary because it shows the endangerment of other coastal environments. In total this shows how animals and their habitats are endangered by global warming.

People who disagree may say that it's a hoax or its natural and always happens. Global warming may be natural in some cases but humanity is accelerating it ten fold. But it's fact that it's real and to help the future we must accept that simple fact. A way we can help prevent global warming is to simply reduce carbon and shift to solar, wind, and hydro power.

The problem of the world is global warming it will destroy cities and entire species. Rising sea levels are endangering cities like Miami and New York. Rising sea levels are making species like the Bramble Cay melomys extinct. I now call to you the reader, you must make your carbon emissions lower to reduce the future damage of global warming. You can do this by carpooling, riding bike or installing solar panels.

Sincerely

Dalton. 

Minnetonka HS

MSH Period 5

MHS students share their letters to the next President here.