Anthony V. Minnesota

Saftey

We are living in fear in way too many ways.

My biggest concern with the next president is that you can find a way to make our world a safer place. Too many times I hear about horrible things that don’t make me feel safe. According to the Pew Research Center, terrorism, gun policy, and foreign policy are among the most important issues in the upcoming election. Whether it be shootings within our borders or wars and terrorism abroad, the world today is a dark place.

I feel that the most pressing issue of these is safety within our borders because we see problems every day. I don’t feel that anyone deserves to live in a world where they are scared when they walk down the streets. You need to make a plan in order to cut down on the violence that is plaguing our nation right now.

Shootings may happen more often but the fact that there is someone out there that can press a button and wipe out entire cities is even more frightening. Between North Korea, Iran, Russia and even the US there are too many people that have access, so they say, to Nuclear Weapons. I think that is extremely important that you, along with other world leaders, make a plan to either eradicate weapons of mass destruction or create defense systems where they are no longer effective.  

-Tony Valerius

Benilde-St. Margaret's School

Non-Fiction Period 8

The epistolary efforts of the insightful, intelligent, and eloquent students of NFW8.