Allison Michigan

Crime of Dog Fighting

Dog fighting is a big problem please help these animals. Speak for them.

The actions of people today with animals is horrible. People think dogs, cats, horses, roosters, etc. are just a piece of trash! Today I’m going to talk about dog fighting. Dog fighting is when dogs are bred, conditioned, and trained to fight other dogs. I believe that dog fighting should have a stricter law.

Dog fighting doesn't have a very strict law because it keeps happening. The dogs that are used to fight are American Pit Bulls, American Staffordshire Terrier, Ca De Bou, English Mastiffs, Tibetan Mastiffs,Shar Pei, and New Guinea Singing Dog. Most of the dogs are Pit Bulls and the Staffordshire Terrier. According to the Humane Society some fights last at the very least one to two hours or longer till one dies or can’t fight any longer.

Dog fighting became popular in early 19th century. England saw the development of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, first imported to the United States in 1817. Dog fighting has been around since 1835 that’s way too long. It’s been illegal since the early 20 century. Organized dog fights became part of American culture, and was promoted by the United Kennel club.

How can other people help stop this hideous crime? People should report it as soon as possible by calling 911 or the human society. Don’t support/ go to dog fights. Donate money to Human Societies, SPCA, ASPCA, and other animal rescues. You can spread the word that fighting dogs are put down because they will fight other dogs. Please help stop this crime.

Allison