Abby B. Michigan

Better Education System

Here is a brief explanation of what should be done to the education system.

If I were president, I would make our education system better and more thought out. Our education system in the United States hasn't been changed in about 200 years. America’s students have improved in math and science over the past 20 years, but we still remain behind students in many other nations. 

To improve students math and science skills I would get rid of the common core, and replace it with a system that's based upon students individual education programs and not as a whole. We should focus educational spending on improving the school setting, not teacher raises. The U.S. spends  more on education than any other country in the world  but its graduation rate is  far behind countries like South Korea, which has a better graduation rate (64%) than  the United States has  (43%). 

My last suggestion to our future president  would be to have schools  not give out multiple standardized tests on one day, but give them out over a span of time. This would ensure students will do better on their tests. As president I would feel the need to improve our education system for the better of the students.