Caitlin Michigan

Medical inflation

My letter is about the problems revolving around inflation in medical supplies

It is no secret to you that inflation is all around us, this is an increasing issue, especially in the medical field. With the inflation upon medical supplies it is becoming extremely hard for people to get what they need. According to source A, the US health care inflation rate is up by 4.91% since the end of August 2016. That’s up by .92% since the end of july 2016. This inflation on medicine is creating a tsunami that nobody can be saved from.

For those who have a reliable insurance company, they may not think about the cost of medicine, as it is always covered. On the other hand those who don’t have a reliable insurance or no insurance see collecting the money for the prescriptions they need to be what is always on their minds. People should not have to worry about their health to the extreme they do in today's day and age. How would you feel if you were dead? Now think if you could have prevented your death with medicine that is in popular demand yet cost an arm and a leg. It would make you angry, reasonable so, that money is what draws the line between between life or death.

Another thing that is well known today is that if you have money you can have nearly anything you want. That being said you don't generally hear the rich complaining about the raise in cost of anything because even with inflation they can still purchase the essentials. However, the middle-class and poor run into this problem more than desired because they don’t have the means to get the money but nobody will listen to their opinions or problems because of their financial stance alone. It’s twisted that currency, which in the USA is a piece of paper and some metal, can control, determine, and run your live in all aspects that aren’t just your health. It’s funny because money doesn’t mean anything when you’re dead but we spend our whole lives making it and spending it, or lack thereof.

This issue should be taken into an extreme consideration because although death is inevitable and natural to humans, preventing it should not be a five thousand mile hike around a mountain that is only five hundred feet tall. Thank you for taking the time to read about my concerns and I hope you take into consideration my point and make a change.

Sincerely, a concerned citizen.

Source A: https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_health_care_inflation_rate

Early American Literature Hour 2

Seniors in high school writing an argument using rhetorical devices of 18th American writers.