Charity N. California

#blacklivesmatter

It simply phases that ever since slavery ended, black folk are getting hurt by the way they look.

Dear Mr President,

Black Lives Matter(BLM) is an international activist movement, originating in the African-American community that campaigns against violence and systemic racism toward black people. Ever since the death of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown the Black Lives Matter movement has grown bigger and more of a matter. BLM has affect a multitudinous amount of black people for many years and ever since it first started. You can try and avoid conversations about the Black Lives Movement but that proves and big point that the matter needs to be fixed. Something needs to be done.

Trayvon Martin was a African-american from Miami Gardens who at 17 was shot by a neighborhood watch volunteer named George Zimmerman. It was stated that Trayvon was simply walking home one night and was said to have been talking to his girlfriend when a man came up to him and asked him questions and in-turn shot him. This is what got the Black Lives Matter movement really going because in my opinion Trayvon didn't do anything.

Many people argue that it is very racist to say "black lives matter". Saying "black lives matter" doesn't mean that non-black lives don't matter too. It simply phases that ever since slavery ended, black folk are getting hurt by the way they look. How they are. The Black Lives Matter movement needs to be more noticed and something need to be done to calm this process or Mr. president this will get worse.

Charity