Luca M. Illinois

Trump letter

It seems that immigration has a huge impact in america today.

Dear Donald Trump,

It seems that immigration has a huge impact on america today.

About a year ago i watched a tv show on how their were people trying to cross the border to come over but were caught by the troops. After they were caught they were taken down and taken back to where they belong. But also their were people who were able to make it over without getting caught by anyone. I think its a good idea for you to build a wall to keep all the illegals out.

I used to watch tv shows about immigration all the time because it's actually very interesting to learn about, one time i was actually in a store and i wondered why he didn’t have any websites for it or put his store out with the other ones and i overheard him talking about how him and his wife came here illegally and opened a store here.

One more reason to why it has a huge impact is because these people that are coming over here are getting jobs with fake papers and id’s but if someone found that out they'd lose their jobs so what is the point in them coming over illegally, it's better to keep them on their side.

Sincerely, luca

Metea Valley High School

Metea Valley Sophomore English

All sophomore students at Metea Valley High School wrote letters to President-Elect Trump, voicing their issues on ideas that are important to them. These letters were part of a three-week project, where we learned about rhetorical situation; types of claims; types of evidence; and embedding quotes.