Vincent California

2nd Amendment: Why Minimize or Condemn?

"The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: 'A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.' " During Hillary Clinton's run, she proposed that the 2nd amendment should be gone, due to violence and terrorism. The fact of this is true, but there are other reasons why we should, as Americans, become aware of the consequence or the outcome for this claim.

Dating back to the revolution, the right of bearing arms was one of the main proposals during that time of period. It's part of the major amendments that held America, and today modern society, 2016, a news that came across Americans have shocked us or made us astonished. The news that made America uneasy was "taking down the 2nd amendment". It was proposed by Hillary Clinton, candidate of the United States of America, and she carried on by announcing the amount of Americans that have died from armed weapons. Even though this is a matter of problem, the second amendment shouldn't be remove from the constitution, but heavy restriction should be required. Without the bear of arm weapons, there would be no self-defense from attackers. With due of respect, removing the second amendment is a frightful idea, because of criminals that are revolving around United States. Using logical thinking, as a criminal, if the second amendment is removed, there would be black markets selling weapons allowing criminal to obtain weapons and used against unarmed citizens. Historically saying, if there was a criminal gang broken loose murdering mass amount of people, how will the people of United States able to defend themselves? Yes police is the answer for this question, but there is a time gap for them to arrive to their destination. 

All I say is that removing the second amendment would be a huge impact upon American people. In my opinion, removing the second amendment would increase vulnerability for the citizens to be harm from terrorist or criminals. There are other opinions that may be right, but the second amendment was one of the most famous amendment in the constitution. I hope, future president, keep this in mind and thank you for reading my letter.

Vincent D.